Contract first API development allows,
- For a better and more transparent translation of business requirements into code.
- It also can be read by a non developer to understand the services provided by an application.
- It can be easily used to generate client code to call the APIs.
- Switch application code to a different language/framework
- Reduce boilerplate code
- Ensure all developers write well documented code
- Gives service consumers a way to test out the APIs
In this session I will,
- Highlight benefits of Contract first API development
- Explore different tools available
- Build and demo a working contract first application
- Customize the OOB (out-of-box) contract first tools