With the planning for the next Barcamp, to be held on April 18th, 2015 going on full swing, let’s focus on sponsorship.
Barcamp Bangalore has always been a free, community powered event and this time is no exception either. So what does Barcamp need sponsors for?
Sponsors cover our operational costs – which include things like
- Venue – what’s an event without a place for people to come together to?
- Food – all those talks make people hungry
- Infrastructure within venue
- Projectors – so we can put up the schedules, tweets and for presenters
- Video recording – so the sessions can be captured
- Promotional material like banners/standees
- Server infrastructure costs
This is a sample of the costs incurred. The detailed sponsorship document is available for download here. Please email us at contact <at> barcampbangalore <dot> org if you are interested in sponsoring or want to connect someone who might be interested in sponsoring.